NCC EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
For the realization of its mission, Northern Christian College shall live and work towards the development of students:
- who are knowledgeable of and sensitive to the economic, social, and political realities of the Philippine society, the Asian Region, and ideally, the world;
- who are intellectually, professionally, economically, and vocationally competent, honest and dedicated;
- whose potentials for creative and critical thinking are fully developed;
- who are spiritually and ethically strong in their witness to the evangelical Christian faith and values; and
- who act responsibly to meet the concerns and demands for a free, just, and compassionate society.
To enhance the realization of our mission and vision, Northern Christian College adopts and will pursue and work for the following service thrusts, namely:
- A curriculum and co-curriculum program that fosters development toward creative thinking, human dignity and responsibility, social awareness, and involvement in the process of learning;
- Methodology of teaching and system of learning and evaluation that recognizes the dignity of every person, trains students for the development of the capacity for critical thinking, and cultivates social responsibility and action guided by Christian values;
- An administration, faculty, staff, and students who are knowledgeable of the best thoughts and values of the Filipino and humankind as well as conversant with the economic, political, and socio-cultural heritage in relation to the realities of Philippine society and life, in particular, and of the world, in general;
- A decision-making process in the institution and community that will make use of the fullest contribution of various sectors and develop the capabilities, reflection, and action in the academic and in the greater community;
- Academic-community actions that are actively involved in solidarity with the poor in society for their development and authentic liberation; and
- A policy of service that reflects the values of justice, the dignity of labor, and development of commitment to duty, competence, and excellence.